Friday, June 12, 2015

Nothing Like A Game Night

It has been faaaaar too long since Bobby and I have hung out with another couple, one on one! This may not seem like a huge deal, but it is something my soul longs for. The extrovert in me is crying out for it. My better half could not be more different. He is a wonderful introvert, who recharges on silences and isolation. But alas, he gave in!

So like I said, we had our friends Christy and Lucas over. They brought their adorable 20 month old son, Daniel, who became bffs with our pups, Google Maps and Penelope, pretty quick. They are the leaders of the Destino, the hispanic college ministry at NMSU. We got to catch up on life, ministry and break bread together...well they were more like pita chips, but anyways. Not to mention, we christened our new Settlers of Catan board game, which is a must play if you are affiliated with Cru!

It was so nice to be able to connect again with someone outside of work (not that I don't LOVE my work homies). But to have the freedom to talk about life; the good, bad and ugly of it, and to talk about faith and our relationship with Christ...it was refreshing.

We need this to be a reoccurring event!

                                                            XOXO The Fricks

No comments:

Post a Comment